Daniel B. Clendenin
Dan Clendenin founded the Journey with Jesus webzine in 2004. He earned his Ph.D. from Drew University (1985). He then taught at William Tyndale College in Michigan (1985–1991), and at Moscow State University (1991–1995) in the former Department of Scientific Atheism. Dan joined InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at Stanford University in the summer of 1995 and worked with faculty and graduate students until 2003. He has traveled in 40 countries.
In 2012 Dan and his wife walked the 500-mile Way of St. James in Spain.
In 2014 they walked the 458-mile pilgrimage across southern France called "Le Chemin du Puy."
Dan's publications include the following books:
- Many Gods, Many Lords: Christianity Encounters World Religions (Baker Book House, 1995).
- Eastern Orthodox Theology: A Contemporary Reader, editor (Baker Book House, second edition, 2004).
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity: A Western Perspective (Baker Book House, second edition, 2004).
- Problems in Christian Philosophy, Dan Clendenin and Melville Stewart, editors (Moscow: Progress Academy, 1994) (available only in Russian).
- From the Coup to the Commonwealth: An Inside Look at Life in Contemporary Russia (Baker Book House, 1992).
- Scholarship, Sacraments and Service: Historical Studies in Protestant Tradition (Texts and Studies in Religion, Vol. 49), Dan Clendenin and W. David Buschart, editors (Edwin Mellen Press, 1990).
- Theological Method in Jacques Ellul (University Press of America, 1987).
Debie Thomas earned her MA in English Literature from Brown University and an MFA in Creative Writing from The Ohio State University.
Her essays have appeared in the Kenyon Review, River Teeth: A Journal of Nonfiction Narrative, and Slate Magazine.
She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her family.
David Werther is the music review editor of JourneyWithJesus.net. David directs the Independent Learning Program at the University of Wisconsin-Extension, and teaches theology in the extension program of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He earned his Ph.D. in philosophy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
David has published articles in Ars Disputandi, Philosophia Christi, Religious Studies, and Sophia, and given conference papers at Oxford University, University of Aberdeen, Indiana University, et al. With John Huss, David is co-editor of Johnny Cash and Philosophy (Open Court Publishing Company, 2008), and co-edited The Christian Worldview Analysis Assessment and Development (Bloomsbury 2012) with Mark Linville, and the forthcoming volume, C. S. Lewis's List (Bloomsbury 2015) with Susan Werther. David and his family are members of Geneva Campus Church.
Ray F. Cowan
Ray Cowan is the Journey with Jesus webmaster. He has worked with the site since its beginnings in 2004.
He is a particle physicist working for M.I.T.on assignment at Stanford University. He enjoys hiking and landscape photography in the California coast ranges.